Coconut chutney is a south Indian dish and is common in the south Indian States. coconut is widely grown in south India, it is one of the basic ingredients used in South Indian recipes. Coconut chutney is the perfect south Indian recipe that can be served with breakfast recipes like idli, dosa, masala vada, and uthappam. There are many different ways of making coconut chutney. the preparation time of coconut chutney is 10 minutes
How to make coconut chutney
- ½ cup fresh chopped coconut
- 2 tbsp fried gram / roasted channa dal
- ½ tsp jeera/ cumin seeds
- 1 to 2 green chilies
- Salt as needed( as per taste)
- 1 garlic clove or small piece of ginger)
- ¾ tbsp. oil
- ¼ tsp mustard
- ½ to ¾ tsp urad dal
- Pinch of hing
- 1 sprig of curry leaves
- 1 broken red chili
Steps to make coconut chutney:
- Add half a cup of freshly chopped coconut, 2 tbsp fried gram, half tsp jeera Or cumin seeds, 1 to 2 green chilies, salt, and some other ingredients garlic.
Fried gram can be simulated with chana dal. But it has to be dry roasted and made golden on tawa until it can be golden, after cooling it add to the blender.
- Now mix chopped coconut, fried gram, chili, salt, cumin seeds, and garlic together first until they blend well. Then add water as needed to make a thick chutney.
- Now blend it until it can be smooth. Check the salt and spice to your taste. If you want to add some chili more then add more chili and blend it again.
- Now Switch on the gas and heat oil in a small pan, and add some mustard oil. Then fry cumin seeds, red chili, and channa dal until golden.
- Add curry leaves and Asafoetida (hing) in it for a better taste.
- Add the hot seasoning to the chutney. Serve with dosa, idli, and other breakfast recipes or any evening snack.
If you like this Recipe save this pin to your recipes board on Pinterest.
Follow Us on Pinterest
Get More Recipes
Join Our Family
Subscribe to get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.