Yesterday morning I lugged the crock pot upstairs and made a deliciously very tender roast (Roast in Crock Pot). Here’s how it went down.
A local store had Boneless Beef English Roasts on sale. They had very little fat on them so hubby picked up two. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to make soup, grind them into hamburger meat, or make a roast. Could have done jerky too. But since I already had organic baby carrots, organic potatoes, onions, mushrooms, and a ton of spices I figured why not make a roast?
Ingredients of Roast in Crock Pot :
- Roast (I used 2.5 lbs English Roast)
- 1/2 bag of carrots (I used baby)
- 5 potatoes (I used russets)
- 1 onion
- package gravy (I used mushroom dry gravy)
- Italian dressing
- ranch dressing
- 2 small cans of mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of water
Steps to Make Roast in Crock Pot
- I took a fork and forked both sides of roast until dead
- Seared all sides of roast in fry pan with a touch of olive oil
- cut onions to put in bottom
- wash and halve potatoes
- Pick through carrot bag to find the biggest and add
- Add seared and forked to death roast
- Add some smaller carrots on sides of roast
- dump package of gravy on roast and around sides of roast
- squeeze some ranch dressing on roast and around sides of roast
- squeeze some Italian dressing on roast and around sides of roast
- Add mushrooms on roast and around roast
- Dump 1/2 cup of water (a little on roast and rest around roast)
- Set on high for 1 hour
- Turn to low for 7 hours
Roast in Crock Pot recipe is a delicious and easy way to make a flavorful meal without spending hours in the kitchen. With a few simple ingredients and a crockpot, you can create a tender and juicy roast that’s perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re a busy mom, a working professional, or a beginner cook, this recipe is sure to impress. So, give it a try and enjoy the savory taste of slow-cooked meat.
If you like this collection of Roast in Crock Pot Recipe Ideas save this pin to your board on Pinterest.
Follow Us on Pinterest
Get More Recipes
Join Our Family
Subscribe to get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.